Nalulunod Sa Isang Basong Tubig

Sunday, January 15, 2006

dark glasses

(The amorous subject wonders, not whether she should declare her love to the loved being, but to what degree she should conceal the turbulence of her passion: her desires, her distresses; in short, her excesses.)

...Yet, to hide a passion totally (or even to hide, more simply, its excess) is inconceivable: not because the human subject is too weak, but because passion is in essence made to be seen: the hiding must be seen: I want you to know that I am hiding something from you, that is the active paradox I must resolve: at one and the same time it must be known and not known: I want you to know that I don't want to show my feelings: that is the message I address to the other. I advance pointing to my mask: I set a mask upon my passion, but with a discreet (and wily) finger I designate this mask.

-roland barthes (a lover's discourse)

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home